We have regular happenings in the church building each week in addition to our weekly Seekers' Hour and worship service at 9 AM and 10 AM on Sunday mornings, respectively. There are also Alcoholics Anonymous groups and two other congregations, one a Seventh Day Adventist church and another an Apolostic church, that meet here. Below, you'll find our church's calendar and some special events we're excited about. We'd love to have you with us!
· Friday, June 3rd at 7 PM: Screening of the documentary "Purple" in the Parish Hall.
We are so excited to be able to watch and engage in meaningful conversation together about what it means to be good neighbors in an intensely divided political climate.
From the producers: "PURPLE tells the story of everyday Americans with opposing viewpoints addressing their differences head-on and discovering some of the concerns and humanity that lie behind each other’s positions. Designed to build greater empathy and recognition in the face of deepening U.S. divides, PURPLE models a rare conversation that uplifts and inspires even while going toward the heat of passionate political differences."
· June 10-12: Pride Weekend at FPC!
· June 10th at 7 PM: Pride Social Hour.
It's going to be a great night to spend time with fellow LGBTQIA+ folks and allies. We'll also get to hear about Rev. Marian Edmonds-Allen's story and her work of building bridges between faith organizations and the queer community. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available.
· June 12th at 10 AM: Rev. Marian Edmonds-Allen is preaching. She is the executive director of Parity, an NYC-based national nonprofit that works at the intersection of faith and LGBTQIA+ concerns.
· June 19th at 10 AM: Drag Church. Join us as we welcome NYC Drag Theologian Marge Erin Johnson to lead us in worship!